Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We've reached the end....

Hey Bloggers!

Well, this will be my last blog for the semester and I just wanted to thank everyone for their continued support. I have really enjoyed keeping a blog this semester and have learned so much through this very different style of writing and reporting.

Since this is the first blog I have ever kept, I have really appreciated the freedom it has allowed me in sharing with my readers the important issues that deal with things related to border education.

Not only have I enjoyed the freedom of creating such an original, free-ranged reflection on such issues, I have also appreciated the opportunity to deliver what I feel is important and newsworthy information to the public.

Photo taken by: Jay Rochlin
St. Andrew's Children's Clinic


The topic of education has always been a great interest of mine and I look forward to continuing my search in the progression and improvements of education occurring at the border.

Some highlights of the semester have been being able to interact and get to know all of the people that have contributed to the different clubs, programs, sororities and fraternities that represent the Hispanic student body here at the University of Arizona.

As for the future students who will join the Border Beat staff next Spring, I wish you the best of luck. Take advantage of the opportunity you have been given to use your journalistic abilities and judgment to choose what YOU think is newsworthy and important for people to read. This is your blog-- so make it yours!

I have just really enjoyed this semester and hope to start a blog of my own someday having to do with dance or performance! Again, thank you for reading!

To view some of my highlights this semester, see below:

Click here to read a story I wrote for The Cursor this semester covering our class visit to St. Andrew's Children's Clinic in Sonora, Ariz.

Click here to read the release introducing the best student-run online magazine award winner Border Beat.

No comments: